Welcome to Reception!
Meet Our Team
Class Teachers – Mrs Walton and Mrs Carey
Class Support – Mrs Haslam and Miss Alston
- P E Kit
- Reading Wallet
- Reading Diary
- Reading Book
- Water Bottle
- A warm waterproof coat
- PE lessons for Reception take place
- School PE kit should be worn
by all children – blue shorts, white t-shirt and black plimsolls
(navy/black tracksuit bottoms and trainers can be worn for outside games).
- Kit should be in school EVERY day.
- All kit should have the child’s
- A letter/message is needed if a child
is unable to do PE.
- PE kits will be sent home each half
term to be washed and checked i.e. names and size.
- PE days may change as each class will
have half a term supported by our sports coaches Miss Farrington and Mr Fenton.
- READING – There is an expectation that children read to an adult at least 5 times per week. An adult should sign their child’s reading diary to reflect this.
- LIBRARY BOOKS – These are changed on a Monday.
- SPELLING – A spelling booklet with ‘Tricky Words’ can be found in the spelling overview section of this page. Your child should also have a paper copy, these are learnt in class and at home and tested randomly. Spelling strategies are taught in class lists are set on a weekly basis to practice these strategies and learn the key words.
- MENTAL ARITHMETIC – A school log-in is provided for every child for maths Numbots. This should be accessed at least 5 times per week.
- PURPLE MASH – Purple Mash supports class learning. Computing skills are used as a vehicle for a range of cross curricular tasks. ‘To Do’s’ are set for children by the class teacher. Individual Purple Mash log-ins have been handed to every child as a ticket.
- PHONICS HOMEWORK – These are set EVERY FRIDAY and should be returned to school on WEDNESDAYS. These are relevant for the sounds the children are covering in class that week.